• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which TI4200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoopyLee-C

Registered
I am in the lucky positon of buying a new card. I heve been reading all the reviews and got totaly lost. At first I wanted the Gigabyte 8500 128DD Delux. But looking at the price I can get a TI4200 for around £50 cheaper. I am going to the old computer fair and I have seen the MSI retail box TI4200 128DD but have also been reading reports on the Aopen, Asuse and Leadtek. All the techy stuff is getting me lost. I would like to spend around the £110 and have the best card for overclocking. Im not botherd about the software pack as long as the card inside is the best. Any help would be great and the one with the best memory and GPU on it.

Nice pic;)
I would recommend Albatron Ti4200 Turbo to you, don't knwo how much in UK though. Its the best OCer's Ti4200 out there.

I have just read a report on that card. It looks realy top class. I only found it by looking at other posts on here. I have tryed a quick look around but dabs only have the basic modle and thats £120 and the 128DDR is up at £140+ The card is good but at that its out of my price ramge.

ya the albatron is the best ti4200

a good and inexpensive one is the gainward ti4200 128mb (not 64mb those ones have probs).

they are VERY overclockable and i run my card at 325/550 right now on STOCK cooling.

Thanks for the info. I have read that the MSI is even better for overclocking. Im going to the fair tomorrow and thay have loads of TI4200 for around the £100 mark and the TI4400 for £129 both good prices but im going for the TI4200. What is the difference in over clockability ?

i really like the ABIT OTES ti4200....its clocked to ti4400 speeds at stock...and has the sweet cooling system on it...not a bad buy for $170 if you ask me

i suggest you take a look at MSI VTP 4200 128MB, the card is good and it have added Video In option, plus from what i have read and heard the memory of MSI's 128MB unlike other companies is at the same speed as its younger 64MB brother, i guess ya won't go wrong with MSI and did i mentioned the software bundle you get along the card?

i may sound like a marketting person to you :D but the thing is that after being confused for about a week or so i ordered my MSI card yesterday and i will be getting it tomorrow hopefully :)

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/vga/vga/pro_vga_detail.php?UID=350&MODEL=MS-8886

So far my Albatron Ti4200P Turbo is sitting at 300/690, think I hit the limit of this card on it's "stock" cooling. I'd highly recommend it, though. :D

Thanks for the links, the Albatron Ti 4200P TURBO looks a real pice of kit. But at the min it is out of my price range. I last saw the MSI at the comp faire for around the £110 mark. From all the post`s Iv read im going for the MSI good card, Good overclocker and a good software bundle. Thanks for the tips guys.

Loopy

got the card & trouble !!!

Go the MSI one but when I try to go into the properties and select eather of the msi tab options MSI information or the MSI clock speeds it comes up with the windows error report ?

Any ideas also it wont allow me to update the bios ?

Back