• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which video cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wanakin

i have celery 667@830Mhz and256MB Ram. i'm planning to buy a new video card. there are 3D Annihilator Pro, Gigabyte GE Force 2 MX , Voodoo 3 2000 AGP and Asus GE Force 2 MX in my list. which one should buy? or any other suggestion?

wanakin (Apr 10, 2001 08:47 a.m.):
i have celery 667@830Mhz and256MB Ram. i'm planning to buy a new video card. there are 3D Annihilator Pro, Gigabyte GE Force 2 MX , Voodoo 3 2000 AGP and Asus GE Force 2 MX in my list. which one should buy? or any other suggestion?

if the anlialightor pro is ddr than get it, otherwise get the one of the mx's. under no circomestances get the v3 2000!

If you want a good cheap Nvidia card go with leadtek. You can get an Ultra for $330. It is a sweet card. Building a system for a freind and basically picked it out as if I had the money for myself. That card is sweet. The creative cards are good, I have one, overclocks alright, but are a little expensive and don't have the DVD support the leadtek has.

I agree with Fireball that the Creative card is a best choice if it's DDR. Of the MX cards, the Asus is probably of higher build quality. I have one and it's a great card, oc's nicely (running at 220/215 with a Blorb). The Voodoo's will always be sweet and dear in the hearts and minds of many people, but they have no future.

Back