• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

White Water vs RBX vs Cascade - prelim @ Procooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
...and as a further indication of how high-head pumps could really care less about the block's restrictiveness (within reason):

Iwaki MD20-RZ (US spec 60Hz) + DTek Pro Core.

Cascade: 2.35GPM
White Water: 2.56GPM
RBX #1: 2.61GPM

pauldenton said:

hmm - either these of the 1250 one must be out...

The 1250 + Cascade would be more like 1.50GPM upon reviewing the curves. The rest of the data points look to be fairly good. Trying to maintain consistency between GPM and the LPM on the graphs I'm looking at, and expressing them to the closest 0.05GPM.

Take my values as ±0.1GPM in any event.

Cathar said:

The 1250 + Cascade would be more like 1.50GPM upon reviewing the curves. The rest of the data points look to be fairly good. Trying to maintain consistency between GPM and the LPM on the graphs I'm looking at, and expressing them to the closest 0.05GPM.

Take my values as ±0.1GPM in any event.

and the whitewater? (getting a cascade not being an option atm...)
why do i always leave things too late :bang head )

Home-Chicken said:
DOH! Is my cascade being underpowered by my Danner Mag 2? :(

Hmmm. Predict around 1.35GPM with the Cascade, Mag2 and a heater-core.

Looking a Pheastus' graph, that puts the Cascade still ahead or equal to either the RBX or White Water, no matter what pump you stick on them. Factoring in the extra pump heat to push those blocks to perform at their best, and the Cascade would still be in front.

wow that was probaly one of the most usefull reviews ever, how cool. ALl the "high" end blocks dueling it out, though i still love my maze 4 xeons.

STill good to see a clear graph.

Very nice!, looking forward to seeing the finial review, I hope that the review will cover other nozzels besides the #1. So far the #'s look real close to what I got with the WW and the RBX. (I didn't test the Cascade, didn't need to, I knew that with the differnt design it couldn't hang with it. Would be like comparing the RBX to the Maze 3 or 4)

On a single block set up with the #4 insert you will see the RBX pull away from the WW. (with a danner mag 3 or better pump)

Thanks for the positive comments guys; I am still improving and learning and buying equipment. I have no plans to sell or give away any of the blocks I test and so as equipment gets added I can continue to improve the tabulated results.

I tested the RBX with the nozzle that came with it (#1). I was later told by Dangerden that this isn't the best nozzle for cooling a single CPU but instead is a balance for users with multiple blocks. Dangerden recommends the #4 for better performance when using only a CPU block. I have the nozzle package for the RBX and I will eventually write a separate review testing them all. I spend 3-4 8 hour days of testing per waterblock (or per nozzle in this case) and so it will take me several weeks of testing to compare all of the nozzles (I can't run 7 days/week with all my other duties in life).

I felt that the readers would be better served by testing several common blocks first and then returning to the effects of nozzle on RBX.

You know, as long as Cathar isn't producing any more of the cascades or until and if he ever markets it out for production, then it is nothing more than interesting to see the results that include the cascade, but since we can't buy one, then it really is not a factor in any buying decision at this point. (did that make sense? ;)

xgman said:
You know, as long as Cathar isn't producing any more of the cascades or until and if he ever markets it out for production, then it is nothing more than interesting to see the results that include the cascade, but since we can't buy one, then it really is not a factor in any buying decision at this point. (did that make sense? ;)

I was wondering when other people was going to notice this too.

Cathar at one time was predicting mid February for Cascade production to resume. At any rate I bought this one the end of December so they must be in "limited availability" :)

pHaestus said:
Cathar at one time was predicting mid February for Cascade production to resume. At any rate I bought this one the end of December so they must be in "limited availability" :)
or you have stroke ??

be cool

Well, keep in mind that the Cascade is also there for reference. In our application, we all know that it's one of the best, if not THE best block out there. It's nice to be able to refer to that, and see how it compares to the commercial version of the WW and RBX.

Back