• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Before You Ask

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
pump4.jpg

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=224829<-- more pics.

edit .. pump has 3 settings 1 2 and 3 (thats what the graph shows)

I was thinking my distiled water/additive comment a few posts up might be better for 'The Basics' rather than Q&A. It is a fairly important component ;)

i fully agree with camel .. also somthing on fridges, TEC's, premade kits.. prommies etc would be useful

also my central heating pump demonstrates how useful it is to improvise.

(heatercores. soda can waterblocks, fish tank res's, tupperwear shrouds.. etc)

ok added more stuff so far but have not gone into great depth on anything as this is to answer basic questions but its a start and i will add all the good links you provide for further research.

if possible try and link articles instead of threads unless the threads are stickied because sometimes th threads disappear. and for images i will see if i can get the actual company image links so that thy host th pics and save band width and they are generaly more dependable hosts

thorilan said:
ok added more stuff so far but have not gone into great depth on anything as this is to answer basic questions but its a start and i will add all the good links you provide for further research.

if possible try and link articles instead of threads unless the threads are stickied because sometimes th threads disappear. and for images i will see if i can get the actual company image links so that thy host th pics and save band width and they are generaly more dependable hosts
my hosting is solid and the pics will not disappear, promise. :D

One question i have that you could add to your FAQ is. How could you measure how much additive you have? Like how would i go about measuring 90% water and 10% additive? And another thing, when using water + a additive and a UV reactive coloring, does it also add a percentage to something in the water? Sorry i cant clarify what im trying to say

My only suggestion is to add pix of the categorys like a pic of a heatercore under obviously the heatercore paragraph. Cuz if i was n00b i would still be clueless to what they looked like. Good job though we need a sticky, too many frequently asked questions.

Just a T would not be recommended to bleed and fill. I recommend two T's in series, with tubing, barbs and valves at the top. It makes filling and bleeding MUCH easier than with a single t line. But it can be pricey. I spent 2$ each on the T adaptors. 2$ each on the barbs. and 8$ each on the valves, plus a few cents worth of tubing. That's almost 25$ on a bleed fill setup. But it did not leak and had nice big valves so I didn't even need a funnel to fill.

Also...

On high-resistance blocks such as the Whitewater, SlitEdge and Cascade, color dyes *will* eventually clog up the channels. You'll have to clean the block out a lot more often than a system that runs a simple solution.

Question:
Is this FAQ supposed to be 100% concise, or is it supposed to focus on the F of the FAQ? So far, everything in the document are fairly common questions... but some of the newer things people have brought up (including what I just typed) isn't something you see asked every day. I mean, if we have the definition of a heatercore in a sticky, that helps... but if we go into some of the more detailed aspects of WC'ing, just to be 'complete'... this 'guide' might get a bit crowded.

In other words, is this document designed to be a:
Frequently Asked Questions
or
Everything you wanted to know about Water-Cooling, but were afraid to ask.
?

The basic stuff should be edited into the first post with more detailed findings kept in later posts. So those looking for just a quick intro have it, while the answers to more detailed questions are here as well.

In other words, is this document designed to be a:
Frequently Asked Questions
or
Everything you wanted to know about Water-Cooling, but were afraid to ask.
?
a little of both but limited so that it is not a novel. the basics area is for coverage for people to get an idea of what water cooling entails so that they have a foundation to build on when they search the forums and read up on stuff
The basic stuff should be edited into the first post with more detailed findings kept in later posts. So those looking for just a quick intro have it, while the answers to more detailed questions are here as well.
once its complete i will cut and paste to a new thread to be stickied so we wont have to wade through all the sugestion posts

i do?
lol wow. all i did was post a link that someone else was kind enough to dig up. i in no way take credit for it as i had nothing to do with its writing . all i have done is start this little post , and for a lot of the info and holes a lot of the people here deserve credit for help and effort .

thorilan said:
i do?
lol wow. all i did was post a link that someone else was kind enough to dig up. i in no way take credit for it as i had nothing to do with its writing . all i have done is start this little post , and for a lot of the info and holes a lot of the people here deserve credit for help and effort .

Well...you made me aware of it and as a Via Aqua owner I thank you! You and the forum got credit actually if you look.

If I find news here I have to Kudo sum1 and there isnt room to thank them all personally so "You guys are it"! :)

Back