• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who is doing performance tests for watercooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

Seems Skinnee labs disappear a while back (I've been out of the WCing loop for a long time). Given that is anyone doing good performance comparisons on the new WCing parts that have been released in the least 5 years or so?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in this too. Just purchased a case for my long term workstation build, and it has room for lots of radiators... except I'm out of touch with the current radiator improvements...

The AOI's are super tempting!

I haven't seen any that are worth any knowledge gain, it's even getting hard to find a descent review of new water block, or radiator, performance. It is understandable because of all the new technology requiring the new cooling capabilities, which in turn also requires a lot of invested time for anyone to undertake a basic comparison project.

Since I am officially retired now I do have the time, but I'm too busy overclocking my car! :D

I'm interested in this too. Just purchased a case for my long term workstation build, and it has room for lots of radiators... except I'm out of touch with the current radiator improvements...

I'm with you there, I feel out of touch with everything. My last WC build was on an opteron and a 7800gtx, so quite a while ago. I just ordered a new case that seems like it should be fantastic for a WC setup and so I'm considering it, but I'm having a hard time finding performance data.

The AOI's are super tempting!

I wish they had an AIO GPU solution. GPU coolers are so noisy these days.

Skinnelabs is one and the other is Martinsliquidlab. Happy to see Martin's site is still up even though it's old, most of the gear he's tested are still relevant today.

I tried finding Skinneelabs and found a link to what appear to be theirs only for nothing to show up and all hell's breaking loose with Norton (Malicious) so stay away. Looks like Martin's is the only go to place.

I'll look for other decent reviews and post them here.

Skinnelabs is one and the other is Martinsliquidlab. Happy to see Martin's site is still up even though it's old, most of the gear he's tested are still relevant today.

I tried finding Skinneelabs and found a link to what appear to be theirs only for nothing to show up and all hell's breaking loose with Norton (Malicious) so stay away. Looks like Martin's is the only go to place.

I'll look for other decent reviews and post them here.

Skinnee was where I used to go but everything seems to have disappeared from them. That was part of what motivated me to make this post. Martins is still up but hasn't been updated in 5 years.

NZXT has a kit that will convert a lot of AIOs into gpu coolers. You'd still need to purchase heatsinks for the VRMs and VRAM8 chips.

here are a couple ive checked out in the past.
http://thermalbench.com/
has alot of all around wcing gear. they do a good job of answering questions people have about the gear they test. they have alot of current wcing gear.
gamersnexus has alot of aio comparisons but ive no idea what their methodology consists of or if its trustworthy(havent looked to hard at aios myself). they also seem to do a good job of responding to comments. toms has a good amount of reviews for aios as well. again i cant say anything one way or the other.

what ive found is easiest is to google the part you want to research and go from there. there arent many sites like martins or skinees anymore(sadly). its mostly individual websites. so you kind of have to see if there are any trends you may need to try and pin point. so and so aio has a higher than normal failure rate etc.
being that most wcing gear has been around forever. its pretty easy to find solid reviews. tbh theres only a handful of products that get released as truly new parts now. usually its just a refresh with rgbs added on or the like. wcing has become pretty stagnant over the years. the main players havent changed much and neither has their gear.
there are very few trustworthy amazon/newegg reviews so i wouldnt bother with those. sadly that hasnt changed much. if you do read them youll know right away who knows what theyre talking about and who the blow hards are. there are generally far more of the latter.
honestly your best bet is to ask here first. your alot more likely to get an informed answer right off the git vs searching forever and taking twice as long to come to the same conclusion.

Nice one Max. I like them as well as they usually go through a thorough process when doing their reviews and benches.

Back