• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why so hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Alright, I'll fiddle with it a bit. :)
Would like to join the benching team eventually,
Slowly gathering more knowledge and getting there lol

I have downloaded:
Unigene Heaven DX9 and DX11
Aquamark
Catzilla
getting 3DMark soon
Cinebench
and CPU-Z
Curerently
and I'm messing with them each a little here and there trying to figure it out.

But my next question with these fans....
I have an NZXT Sentry 2 laying around from a year or so ago.
Would it be worth using it as a fan controller?
I noticed it has connections for 5 fans, but they are only 2 pin, so will it still work with these 4 pin fans?

I'd start with say 1.3v Run Aida64 for a good 30mins if stable you can try lower til it stops being stable. (30mins does not guarantee 100% stability, but it's good enough for initial testing purposes to find your voltage range).

If 1.3 is good, I'd try say 1.25v to see how you go on the low end. If it's not stable here, you know your range is somewhere between 1.25 or 1.3 for stock speeds. For reference my i5 4690k at stock (3.5/3.9 stock/turbo) was happy to run at 1.05v. at 4.2ghz i'm at 1.16v but i'm running an i5 of a generation prior. I imagine 1.25-1.3v SHOULD be achievable for stock clocks on the 6700k.

I'd start with say 1.3v Run Aida64 for a good 30mins if stable you can try lower til it stops being stable. (30mins does not guarantee 100% stability, but it's good enough for initial testing purposes to find your voltage range).

If 1.3 is good, I'd try say 1.25v to see how you go on the low end. If it's not stable here, you know your range is somewhere between 1.25 or 1.3 for stock speeds. For reference my i5 4690k at stock (3.5/3.9 stock/turbo) was happy to run at 1.05v. at 4.2ghz i'm at 1.16v but i'm running an i5 of a generation prior. I imagine 1.25-1.3v SHOULD be achievable for stock clocks on the 6700k.

This.

I think there should be a way to connect 4 fans to the H100 with possibly a Y-split cable but make sure you're within spec. It's been a while since I messed around with the Corsair AIOs and Link.

I'd also make sure all the rad fans are the same fans, not mix matched, going the right direction and plug them all together to whatever you choose so they are all sync'd and not based on different RPMs to run efficiently and not make others work harder than they need to.

I tried 1.25 and my pc started right to a blue screen, so I went back to auto, will try 1.3
This is still at 4.2
All the fans are the same, they are the corsair fans that came with the AIO, 2 came with the first h100i I bought, 2 came with the h100i v2
But the fans are the same. I'll see if I can find some Y connectors.

Loche, I will give those a read through. :)

Back