• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WIFI Adapter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TorqueRanger

I am using a Netgear N300 usb adapter and it keeps acting retarded and I need a new one ..Right now I am using it for basic computing and mostly Gaming on BF4 .. I am looking for help cause I am not sure if I am better off buying pci based card or usb style and what best to get since I am gaming ..Oh I have a Linksys WRT160N Router and I was looking to spend about $50 bucks or so and what should I get ??

Thanks

Check and see if there is a driver upgrade for your current WIFI adapter. Drivers are often a problem with these things.

FPS gaming... any way you could go wired?
I was going to try for wired but trying other options..

Check and see if there is a driver upgrade for your current WIFI adapter. Drivers are often a problem with these things.
I updated and installed the newest version and I still get problems with it getting hot and over heating and shutting down..

Wired is your best option for fps gaming by leaps and bounds.

Well I might stick with wired

Test results
Philly Pa Server

Wireless
Ping -81ms
Download-9.58mbps
Upload-.59mbps

Wired
Ping-77ms
Download-10.70mbps
Upload-5.86mbps

Wire-Restarted and deleted the Wireless adapter
Ping-20
Download-30.02mbps
Upload-6.08mbps

TorqueRanger, I was touched by the comments you made about burying your dog your Sig. Been through something like that myself. Our dogs teach us much about how we should treat each other.

Well I might stick with wired

Test results
Philly Pa Server

Wireless
Ping -81ms
Download-9.58mbps
Upload-.59mbps

Wired
Ping-77ms
Download-10.70mbps
Upload-5.86mbps

Wire-Restarted and deleted the Wireless adapter
Ping-20
Download-30.02mbps
Upload-6.08mbps

And now you see why I suggest that so heavily, hopefully your gameplay experience can improve from the change :)

Thanks Everyone I just have to go buy some cable now and route it through my bedroom

TorqueRanger, I was touched by the comments you made about burying your dog your Sig. Been through something like that myself. Our dogs teach us much about how we should treat each other.
I feel you on that cause I miss my buddy very much even to today .. I made a custom dong tag I have on my key chain for him ..

Even after three months when I came home from work everyday I would open the door and expect my four-footed friend's tail-wagging greeting and then it would hit me that she was gone. It was so weird how I knew but it would still catch me off guard.

Back