• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WiFi Card Bluetooth? What Can I Do With This?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twisted4000

I have an Intel WiFi card (7265 Dual-Band) that came with Bluetooth, which plugs into the motherboard's USB pins. So far, I got it to "work", as my phone can detect it and the computer can see my phone. But once I connect to it, my computer tries to install drivers and just fails. My question is, even if I properly connected phone to the computer via Bluetooth, what could I even do with it? I don't really care that much for it, but I am curious and am wondering what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

I've transferred files to/from my phone over BT when I was too lazy to go grab a USB cable. Kinda slow but ok if you're just moving a few pics/music files.

When you say "install drivers" - can you tell if it's the 7265 drivers or if it's trying to set up a driver for the phone?

Which OS are you using? I'm assuming Windows, what shows up in the Device Manager?

I've transferred files to/from my phone over BT when I was too lazy to go grab a USB cable. Kinda slow but ok if you're just moving a few pics/music files.

When you say "install drivers" - can you tell if it's the 7265 drivers or if it's trying to set up a driver for the phone?

Which OS are you using?

It's trying to install the phone drivers; according to the Device Manager, the Bluetooth is installed and functioning correctly. Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit.

It's trying to install the phone drivers; according to the Device Manager, the Bluetooth is installed and functioning correctly. Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit.

Welp, I'm an idiot. :) Turns out I DIDN'T actually have the Bluetooth's driver installed correctly (it was reading as Microsoft Generic Bluetooth or something, not Intel). Went to Intel's website, got the correct driver, uninstalled old phone Bluetooth drivers that were left in the Device Manager, unpaired phone, repaired it and voila! Works now. In Windows I'm able to send files to the phone, but I haven't figured out how to get the phone to send files to the computer...

Back