• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wii 2012

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bit disappointed, I was hoping to see the new console. Also agree with updawg, that controller is huge. Hope is just a prototype.

It's suppose to be "tablet style" apparently. Its got a 6.3" screen, so I'm guessing the whole thing is like a 9-10" tablet or so?

edit:
I thought I saw a pic of the console in a slide, http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/07/nintendo-showing-off-prototype-wii-u-demos-at-e3-this-week/

double edit: Here is a higher resolution image, http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/the-wiiu-nintendos-next-console/

More pics of the console, http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/nintendo-wii-u-console-eyes-on/

Last edited:
I thought that was just a Wii, but it does look a tiny bit different (kinda like a wii had a baby with an old style 360)

Looks like people are going with it:

xlarge_medium_new_nintendo_console_detail_01.jpg

and the controller:

new_nintendo_controller_01.jpg

kotatku hints that they may have played it "perhaps"

Last edited:
Finally, a controller large enough to fit my hands. That is usually my complaint with consoles: the controller is too small and cramped. Even the 'large' original xbox controller wasn't quite big enough for me.

The controler looks as if Nintendo had sex with a tablet and out poped the controler lol What would be cool is if you could take the controler with you and play smaller less complex games on it.

The concept controller looks much more appealing than the new controller.

It just looks unergonomic and like it would be uncomfortable to hold for extended periods of time. On top of looking like it's own portable gaming system. On top of the fact that it looks expensive, and you're going to want 4 of them.

Stock in Nintendo fell right after that thing was announced. (It's true... the President of Nintendo was kind of confused by that one...

It looks like an HD wii.

It IS an HD wii... with another gimmick controller. (And don't get me started with the whole "It's NOT a gimmick controller" thing again...)

Once again I predict fun for six minutes and zero substance.

Wiicast ftl? I think the casual gaming trend is drying up and nintendo kicked the avid/hardcore gamers to the curb with the last machine for the most part.

Werid system only supports one wiiu controller?

I just think this is the possibly the beginning of the end for them, unless they pull a super magic sayian bunny out of that hat of theres. I think they think the casuals will buy in again and I think most of them won't. Me personally I won't pick up a system that should of been what the Wii was hardware wise. Only to probably get stuck buying another nintendo product yet again in 3-5 when PS4 an 720 come along. Least that's what I'm seeing here is 3 consoles in 1 life cycle for nintendo while M$ and $ony went down the right path and did one machine for basicly 2 life cycles.

IDK guess time will tell.

Runoff are that we will see the next xbox at next year's E3 so I would laugh pretty hard if we see Nintendo finally play catchup to then be a gen behind in a year.

lame, i was excited before the wii came out, this is the same damn thing though with a obese dreamcast controller thats in color.

not cool, make some real hardware changes, more were made between game cube and wii than there is between current wii and new wii

... no there wasn't. The game cube -> wii was virtually identical and had pretty much the same processing power and couldn't dream to do anything in 1080p. This machine should do 1080p, etc. That makes it a real hardware change.

a wii as it stands has the power to do 1080p and yes there were more hardware changes between gamecube and wii, in the whole grand scheme of things there was a ton added

for beginners theres the whole wmotion sensing controller thing going on that the wii is based on. bulit in wifi, SD card instead of funky memory cards (i do realize it is backward for GC but its optional to use) standard size disc

not to mension the different cored faster processor in the wii
more ram in the wii
faster and smaller GPU in the wii

all arroundwe are just looking at, a bump in processing power and graphics power in the new one and a big *** remote still

yet in about a year and a half, all the complainers in this thread will be owners of the system and be loving it up and exclaiming how wonderful it is.

even you, rainless.

yet in about a year and a half, all the complainers in this thread will be owners of the system and be loving it up and exclaiming how wonderful it is.

even you, rainless.

Then 3 months later people will realize that there isn't any 3rd party support for it and it will get shelved after playing through <insert Nintendo first-party games here>

even you, rainless.

Rofl no thx. its a shame I cant have the nintendo I loved during the snes days...

Back