• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will corsair XMS 2700 do 190 FSB Aggressive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PC2700 Kingmax memory would be perhaps the best idea, as it isn't expensive, yet it has 5ns Nanya DRAM chips--meaning it can run at 200MHz, or DDR400 (providing PC3200 performance). If you're willing to wait a bit, Infineon will in the near future be offering modules with 4ns BGA packaged DRAM chips. The first such module will be a 1GB ECC module costing $1,300. Prices are expected to drastically decline thereafter, of course.
A 4ns DRAM chip allows you a theoretical 500MHz (the GeForce 3 Ti500 uses 4ns DRAM chips, though they're TSOP packaged). Furthermore, the BGA packaging increases signal integrity (which is a serious problem with higher clocked chips derived from SDRAM technology).

I have 256megs Corsair XMS3000

This is ram at 200mhz 2-5-3-2
fd9372b0.jpg

Around 190mhz it can do 2-5-2-2.
I have tested the ram up to 206mhz stable at 2-5-3-3

Someone tell me, faster processor/slower ram (167cpu/167ram) or slower processor/faster ram (155cpu/206ram)?

The faster processor/slower RAM combination makes more sense, because the faster RAM is not useful since the FSB bandwidth cannot make use of it.

guess i got lucky hehe. i got my ram back and i got CLT from newegg! 2x256 Single Sided Ram.

i am pretty sure that is how i tell if it is clt right?

read the sticker on it... a line about 12 numbers/letters long ending in either CTL or DTL will tell you.

DAMN NEWEGG! I got DTL :(

guess i will have to wait for my corsair 3200 to be in.

lucky thing i unlocked my cpu cause i can run in 11.5x166 fine.

i just wanted the extra bandwith.

new ram should be here on tuesday.

just another reason why i never get stuff from newegg lol (if you want to see the full reason why read the thread 5 months of overclocking hell by kk)

Back