• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will i notice a difference if i get rid of MSI 970a-g46

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatbonokid

I casually game. "CS:GO and WoW"
I currently have a Msi 970A-G46

A friend of mine wants to give me 40$ and his Biostar A960G+
for my motherboard.

Im running an fx 6300 on an h80(stock speed) I notice my motherboard heatsinks getting hot on my msi board so i have to cool them.

and a GTX 570.

Is the biostar board going to run just about the same? Will I notice a difference in gaming? Im hoping the biostar wont get hot like the msi does. If anyone can put in some input, that would be great. I heard that the MSI board wasnt made for the FX processors speeds and makes the board run hot. Will this do the same with the biostar? or will i be okay?

Also, does anyone know the release dates of the two motherboards? Im thinking the newer one would support the FX processor the best

Im very tight on money also, and am just wondering if itll give me the same casual performance, if not better because the msi board gets to 60 c plus unless i put fans right on the heatsink

Im thinking do the trade, and then get a motherboard when im up on money because im not happy with this MSI board at all.. i dont think you guys have read up on it with the FX processors. Is the biostar board newer? that is my main concern, i want it to get me through a month or 2 until i can upgrade.

The biostar will be even worse since there are no sinks on the power section. Just save your cash and get something more suited for the 6300. Then sell the MSI

The Biostar board is a MicroATX, has NO heatsinks on the VRM, only 2 mem slots,
The MSI board is an ATX, HAS heatsinks on the VRM and has 4 mem slots.Besides having different form factors, the lack of heat sinks on the VRM is a BIG drawback.
In short the MSI is a better board.

this msi board gets too hot, he has a 6300 and the biostar runs fine on it.. i seem to have weird issues with this msi board

Im gonna make the trade, im not doing anything besides casual computer use and i have a box fan blowing in the case. shouldnt be an issue.. I was asking you guys which one was newer, so i would know if it supported the FX processors better. not which board was better.

Okay the deal is done. You gotta think all that im trying to do is play wow and Counter stike GO, and Rune.. This computer plays them pretty much to their maximum capability. GTX 570, 8 gigs, and a 6 core 3.5? Gosh, this beats xbox times 300000. That motherboard froze on me and always had issues with heat.. this one seems to be running great and played them well, even before the format... I have a legit windows 8 key, what would you suggest? 8 or 8.1 .. and also, my games run worse with the newest Nvidia drivers? Is this a known issue?

Good I'm glad thins are working for ya. Personally I wouldn't run that CPU on either of those boards but that's me.

+1 ^^

And dear lord... please use the EDIT button friend (bono) instead of quadruple and triple posting!!!

Back