• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will I overload the X99-E WS 3.1 Fan Headers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rlr297

Case Fan Setup:
4x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-2000, 140mm PWM
1x Noctua NF-S12A 120mm PWM

Motherboard: X99-E WS 3.1

The motherboard has 4 fan headers. If I use a fan splitter with the 120mm and 1x140mm fan into a fan header, will I risk overloading the power going into the motherboard? I'm open to using a hardware controller but I'd prefer not to. Is it possible to combine 2x140mm fans into a header as well?

Thanks!

Those 140s are listed to draw 0.18amps. Most motherboard fan headers are rated for 1.0amps nowadays on higher end boards. With this being said you should be ok to double up 2 of the 140s.

I have not been able to find exact specs on that motherboard other than the cpu fan header but I would feel safe putting a 0.36amp load on one of those headers if it was my system.

Awesome, thanks. I haven't built the system yet, I'm currently making a list of parts to order. Seems like that'll work for me though!

Back