• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will me be bottlenecked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drinkyoghurt

i currently have a 7800gs waiting for me at the mail. but i wanna know if im gonna be bottlenecked. i currently have a p4 s478 2.8ghz(stock) with HT technology enabled and a vanessa s-type fan on it(pretty kewl) 1264mb ram pc3200, current psu is 350watt ...amp(no idea) but i have ordered a connect-x 500 watt psu. that's kinda it..i guess my sig has a bit more details(dunno fo shure). so yall plz tell me if im gonna be bottlenecked...and if by how much.

I hereby thank all youz 1337 oc'ers in advance...and also the less 1337 oc'ers :p

It depends on what game you play. With that proc at stock, I'd say 5800 marks in 3d05 instead of 6400 marks.

My P4 at 3.2 gave me 6100 marks in 3d05,
@ 3.9 6400 marks.
And now my PM gives me 6800 marks, with the card stock.

Not too familiar with those PSUs, someone else could elaborate.

That 7800GS will be a great improvement from what you're used to though. I just feel sorry for the saps with P4s who are buying the 7800GS+ from Gainward.

so u say i should upgrade my cpu to a 3.9ghz one? lmao i cant oc it that high but i guess i can get a new rig with an amd and agp+pcie-16x support......dang i cant wait till 24 june

Back