• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will my GTX 660ti work with a GTX 670 water block/rig setup so far.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the lynchanater

Registered
hi everyone
I have just started my first water cooling rig and have already installed all the parts and fittings for the CPU and ram but am waiting for one $5 extender to connect the ram and CPU.
I am just wondering, at the moment the shop I use has a sale on GTX 670 water blocks, what I was wondering was can I use these on my GTX 660ti Jetstream's. I have read that these work with GTX 66oti's and I would love to include them in my rig. any help would be great.
and also would a Koolance PMP-450 12V Variable Speed Pump be enough for the whole rig with the GPU's too.
here is also how my rig looks know I will be using red coolant and cable managing a bit more too.
130729-191135.jpg
also any advice on the rig would be helpful too thanks for looking.

Cooling the ram? Bleh! Restricts flow and just not a point to do so. :(

That pump will work. As far as the block goes, I am not sure.

Assuming they're the Palit GTX 660 Ti Jetstreams, according to EKWB's Cooling Configurator it will work with their GTX 670 FC block.

Your best bet though would be to remove the stock heatsink on your cards and compare the PCB to EKWB's picture from their Cooling Configurator.

okay thanks guys also the ram cooling block is there for show more than performance. will it impact the performance of the CPU block by a noticeable amount as I am hopping to get my i5 3570k to 5GHZ.

If it's a reference PCB, it'll work.

However, when I see a loop with RAM blocks and builder thinks it'll help his overclock, the poster wants to use colored fluid, and has a basic pump question... I know someone didn't spend enough time reading before starting this adventure.

Back