• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will my mobo fit in my case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prajwal007

Disabled
Hey guys
I am new here
i am building my first pc
MOBO -http://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/M5A99X_EVO_R20/

I want a cool case
I am thinking of
corsair spec 1 ,spec 3, NZXT gamma

Well what bothered me...

...bothered me was asking about would an ATX mobo fit in a case designed at the least for ATX motherboards. When g00gling I just copied and pasted the two corsair cases and hit search and it came up with that case review on the Spec 1 and 3 corsair cases and I just glanced thru and page four I think it was said that 153mm tall cpu coolers was about it for cooler height. Well if that were true, then the most popular air type cpu cooler, for FX processors, would n0t fit. Hyper 212 EVO >> Dimension >> 120 x 80 x 159 mm (4.7 x 3.1 x 6.3 in).

We used to say it took a minimum of 7.5 inches of case width to fit a CM 212 air cooler into a case. That corsair case was 7.75 inches wide which should have been enough. I have a case just a little wider than 7.75 inches but with a huge 200mm side fan and it will not allow a CM212 without removing the fan.

So a case that certainly will fit an ATX mobo, might not be the best choice for an air-cooled FX 6 or 8 core processor. Only the one intergrating the system can answer all the necessary criteria.

RGone...

Back