• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will my PSU run this set up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skitzo2012

Registered
Hi i have a tx650w corsair psu. and i want to CF with my 7950. i have heard many different things that 850W will do. also that a 650W good quility will do fine. or a 750W will do. All these sound fine but i wanna know if i really need to shell out more money on a new psu.

3570k oc 4.2 at moment.
7950's will be on stock.
4 normal case fans.
6 led case fans.
H100 corsair water cooler.
Asus P8z77-V-Deluxe mobo
hdd, optical drive,

with 8 gb of corsair ram just normal cheap ram will buy new ram soon.

Please no comments on how bad CF may be or how good Sli may be. As i do not care about that.

+1^^With ED on your PSU, but may i add for those members looking in always spend money on a Quality PSU! And buy one with more Watts than you need to begin with, hence then you can up grade to Xfire or Sli at anytime. More importantly you do not have to buy one again. AJ.

+1^^With ED on your PSU, but may i add for those members looking in always spend money on a Quality PSU! And buy one with more Watts than you need to begin with, hence then you can up grade to Xfire or Sli at anytime. More importantly you do not have to buy one again. AJ.
Looks like he already has done that. :thup:

Cool :) Thx for all your help now im not as worried with my psu anymore lol. So glad i dont have to shell out a extra 150$

Yup, just fine. OC the balls off the GPUs and the story might change, but you could do some no-voltage-adjustment OCing without issue.

I know i can do 1000 on the core and 1300 on the memory with out having to touch voltage.

Back