• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will these CPU Coolers fit in my case.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoobModder

Registered
Can anyone tell me if either the TT FRIO or the Noctua NH-D14 will fit with the window fan still in place. Ive done the measurements and I think it might fit but I want to be sure.

If neither of these will fit recommendations are welcome.

Nzxt Guardian 921 Gaming Tower Case 700 Watt PSU
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E8400 (2x 3.0GHz/6MB L2 Cache/1333FSB
Thermaltake MaxOrb CPU Cooling Fan
Asus P5N-D Nvidia nForce 750i SLI Chipset
2x NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 1GB SLI
4x 2 GB RAM Corsair

Can anyone tell me if either the TT FRIO or the Noctua NH-D14 will fit with the window fan still in place. Ive done the measurements and I think it might fit but I want to be sure.

If neither of these will fit recommendations are welcome.

Nzxt Guardian 921 Gaming Tower Case 700 Watt PSU
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E8400 (2x 3.0GHz/6MB L2 Cache/1333FSB
Thermaltake MaxOrb CPU Cooling Fan
Asus P5N-D Nvidia nForce 750i SLI Chipset
2x NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 1GB SLI
4x 2 GB RAM Corsair

I know the NH-D14 will with the window fan out and it might with the fan on depending on the location of the fan. The NH-D14 will get you far better temps than the TT Frio. Judging from the location of the fan in the pictures from the noctua website I think you should be good with the side fan in. But, it is not essential with a front and rear fan.

It MIGHT hit the corner tab of the side fan. In that case you could cut it off. Thats what i did before i switched to water. Just used a pair of big cutters.. its not that hard really. Just cut the screw hole tabs off and you should be good to go.

It MIGHT hit the corner tab of the side fan. In that case you could cut it off. Thats what i did before i switched to water. Just used a pair of big cutters.. its not that hard really. Just cut the screw hole tabs off and you should be good to go.

Also :welcome: hopefully you will find this forum helpful and informative. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any issues. As well as keep posting any issues in the forum we will be glad to help.

Thank you for your responses. I will post how it goes. I'm going to place the order here in the next day or so for the Noctua NH-D14. I'm also going to replace the intake and exaust fans on my 921 for higher CFM fans.

I had another question after reading a couple of other posts. As in my first post i have a Asus P5ND motherboard with a TT maxorb. I'm going to order the Notcua NH-D14 here soon but I was wondering will it be too much weight hanging down from the motherboard. Also the asus fan is installed just below the heatsink. Should this be here because I read in the manual that the asus fan (very small) should only be installed when using a passive cooler. The reason I'm looking for a better cooler is because my temps at startup are 45C for the CPU and 37C for the M/B. At idle there at 47C CPU and 39C M/B. Ambient Room Temperature is 77F.

Also I'm going to replace the front intake and back exaust fans on my 921. My question is does anyone know what cfm's the stock nzxt fans are rated at. Trying to get an idea of how much improvment I should expect. Are the Cooler Master Exaclabers any good.

Thanks for everyones help. I got the Noctua installed today. Had problems getting the fans on after it was installed in the case. My temps now are 32-33 with Chrome running. Room Temperature 76-77. Just for anyone else that decides to get a Noctua NH-D14 and has a Guardian 921 the side fan has to be removed completely and the HS sits less than 2mm to the bottom of the Top Mounted PSU. It covers the first Stick of my Ram with standard heat sink but doesn't touch it. I will be getting a fan controller here within the month to control all the fans better. Currently running Speed Fan but I'm still confused with setting that up. Also the HS covers the ATX-12V slot on the Asus P5ND if installed Horizontally. The install was pretty easy with the great instruction manual that came with it only problem with putting the fans on after it was installed. Currently running Push Pull with one fan in the front and one in the middle.

glad it worked. from your post everything sounds normal, since it is a big heatsink.
any other questions feel free to keep asking and learning :thup:

Thanks for everyones help. I got the Noctua installed today. Had problems getting the fans on after it was installed in the case. My temps now are 32-33 with Chrome running. Room Temperature 76-77. Just for anyone else that decides to get a Noctua NH-D14 and has a Guardian 921 the side fan has to be removed completely and the HS sits less than 2mm to the bottom of the Top Mounted PSU. It covers the first Stick of my Ram with standard heat sink but doesn't touch it. I will be getting a fan controller here within the month to control all the fans better. Currently running Speed Fan but I'm still confused with setting that up. Also the HS covers the ATX-12V slot on the Asus P5ND if installed Horizontally. The install was pretty easy with the great instruction manual that came with it only problem with putting the fans on after it was installed. Currently running Push Pull with one fan in the front and one in the middle.

HI do you have some image of your NZXT guardian 912 RB with Noctua NH DH-14, I would really like to see some images of your modds in your rig thank you if you do. =)

Back