• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WIn 7 BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zorro3012

Hello All

Just built a new sytem with the following specs:

CPU Intel I7 3.5Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V exrtreme
GPU GTX 670.....two
Sound Creative fatal1ty
RAM Corsair 6GB
Drive SSD ...two
PSU Antec 1200
OS Win 7 64bit

Did a new install....updated win 7, updated and a clean install of GPU drivers, updated all other drivers.

Only software loaded as yet is MSoffice 2010....updated and Norton.

No overclocking as yet and the system randomly either freezes or I get a BSOD. The dump files are attached.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks

Attachments

• 111112-11403-01.zip
    31.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 111112-11310-01.zip
    33.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 111112-11294-01.zip
    24.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 111112-11278-01.zip
    34 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Personally I'm not going to download and extract the contents of four *.zip files in order to view the *.dmp files. My suggestion would be to either learn how to read the *.dmp files yourself, or check the Event Viewer logs for any critical errors related to the time of the most recent BSOD. Start--> Type event viewer in the Start Search field, and hit ENTER. When you open Event Viewer and expand Critical, Application, or System logs - under "Windows Logs" (or look under "Summary of Administrative Events--> Event Type--> Critical)... double click the specific error so it opens in the Summary Page Events window. Next click on Copy--> Copy Details as Text in the RH pane, and paste the contents of the ClipBoard in this thread.

Here's just one article out of many that explains how to use the debugging tool WinDBG to read a DMP file...

How to open DMP files in Windows 7
http://windows7themes.net/how-to-open-dmp-files-in-windows-7.html

... and another directly from MS support:

How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for debugging
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263

Back