• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 7 hotfixes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi all,

I saw a page about hotfixes for core parking and scheduling for FX series CPU's on AMD. However these fixes are not available on MS website. Does anyone know where I can get these?

Curious if these have any drawbacks at all.

Cheers,

Bandit.

You don't need any updates to disable core parking.
That's all the update is doing.

Google how to disable core parking on W7. ;)

Found a good software for the core parking update I don't have. Managed to get an extra 4-6fps.

Looking at my windows registry and its saying;

KB2646060 - That this update is installed but when I resource manager it was still showing parked cores. Windows reg code showing was 112 "installed". When I use the core parking app I downloaded and turned off parked cores I noticed the change in FPS. Unless there is some place in Windows you can turn on and off parked cores with out 3rd party software.

KB2545594 - The code on this update in my registry is saying the update has been "superseded". I tried doing a google but can't seem to find or work out what update has superseded this one, if anyone knows or could tell me what superseded this update I would greatly appreciate it.

Its the other update I am after the one for the FX Cpu scheduling, that claims to have been superseded. I just don't know what update has superseded it, tried to google it and couldn't find anything. The CPU parking issue I sorted out with an app.

Last edited:
Back