• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 8.1 black screend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sony190

Installed Win 8.1 and did update the screen is now black and wont go to desktop.
Any one know what rthe problem is?

Have you tried safe mode?

Too many potential causes to hazard a guess, but the preventative measure, already too late if it's not already done, is backup.

I backup my OS every time there are significant changes to configuration or large updates. Restore points are just not robust enough to rely upon, and they take up space.

Start with safe mode, and let us know if it boots further than normal mode. If not, you're basically locked out of the OS. It may be faster to re-install, or, of course, restore from backup if that's available, than to diagnose.

Have you tried safe mode?

Too many potential causes to hazard a guess, but the preventative measure, already too late if it's not already done, is backup.

I backup my OS every time there are significant changes to configuration or large updates. Restore points are just not robust enough to rely upon, and they take up space.

Start with safe mode, and let us know if it boots further than normal mode. If not, you're basically locked out of the OS. It may be faster to re-install, or, of course, restore from backup if that's available, than to diagnose.

As long as he keeps regular backups...

Had to reinstall OS I changed my video card color to higher level and it is to much when you reboot now I get no sound out 3.5 headphone jack on monitor. Will probably fresh install OS
Thank You

This could be a hardware failure of some kind and just happened immediately after update by coincidence.

Back