• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 8.1 Pro, Hyper-V fails during installation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NZKshatriya

DMCA Violated Member
Ok.

Had to reinstall Hyper-V due to some issues.

uninstalled the feature, then when trying to reinstall I get the following error on reboot
"Couldn't complete feature update"
Then system proceeds to reboot twice, "rolling back" the feature install.

I've run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth multiple times, each time saying corruption has been fixed, and then tried installing the Hyper-V feature again, with no luck.

I've gone though all the Technet and StackOverflow search results I can find.

Anyone around here have any clue to what's going on / how to fix?

So, just looking around, seems one of the issues related to corruption on my OS SSD, could be the constant shutdowns I had been having power wise?
Not really sure if sudden power failure causing nand flash memory corruption is still as large an issue as it was in '13, is it?

I mean, it could be anything I guess, but I do know my current PSU, has got to go, lest anything major happens and it decides to literally fry something.

Seem to have it narrowed down to a BCD issue...

tried Bootrec /rebuildbcd, but got a D:\OS not found error in recovery mode.........which was odd, both fixboot and fixmbr ran and completed >.<

Also found out that after I had disabled WMP, couldnt reinstall due to having issues with NetFx feature as well.

So.......updated GP to download repairs from windows update instead of WSUS, and ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restoreHealth /Source:D:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess, to see if fixing from installation media would take.

Off to test.

Back