• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Win7 Install Help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoLskimmer

Hey guys, my name is Dan and I am new to this forum. I am having trouble installing Win7 on my machine. It's a custom build and I had previously installed Win XP. I formatted my hard drive to install Win7 Ultimate. So what happens is when ever I install the system it goes through image everything just fine until the final time it restarts and gets stuck on this screen (See Attached Image). Before it restarts an error message pops up saying "disk drive error. Please insert disk into disk drive. Hardisk1/".

I have removed a stick of memory, my second hard drive, and second VGC. Made sure Bio's is up to date, Cleared CMOS. And now I am unsure what I should do.

Machine Spes
-DFI DK 790XB-M3H5 Mobo
-TX850W Crosair PSU
-Crossfire XFX Radeon HD 4890 ATI
-Phenom II x4 955 pin Processor
-G.Skill DDR3 1600 2GBx2 (4GB's)
-2X 750GB Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drives
-LG DVD Burner Disk Drive
-Cooler Master HAF (Full size case)
-LG 24" FLATRON W2453V

Attachments

• 30486_10150201582855702_644100701_13303180_6440547_n.jpg
    30486_10150201582855702_644100701_13303180_6440547_n.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,164
Did you change the boot order? If it says it failed to load from "Hardisk1", that isn't the optical drive.

Yes I have changed It a couple different ways to see if that would work. Same thing pops up.

So that didn't work. the same message comes up. It says...."There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1"

My options are Cancel-Try Again-Continue.

If I click continue or cancel the same message will appear again saying the same thing just "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk2\DR2".

It will happen until it gets up to Harddis6\DR6. Then It will say Its starting Windows for the first time. It then decides to restart. After the restart Is when it gets stuck on that screen again.

After enabling the option did you just continue w/ the original install, or did you try to do another fresh install?

I started a new install. At the top of the message box it reads...."cmd.exe - No Disk"

Try clearing CMOS, enter the BIOS and Load Optimized Defaults; hit F10 to Save and Exit. Re-enter the BIOS, re-enable ACPI XSDT Table, and change only those options necessary for a clean install of Win7. And you don't need to partition and format the drive prior to installing Win7, as you'll have the opportunity to do so during the install.

Last edited:
'SynTPEnh.exe-No disk' is poping up everytime i click cancel or continue. Please help!

'SynTPEnh.exe-No disk' is poping up everytime i click cancel or continue. Please help!
What does this have to do w/ this 2 1/2 year old thread? Your best bet would be to start your own thread, and make sure to include your system spec's in detail.

Back