• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win7 - Tages Protection driver..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trypt

I upgraded from VistaU64 to Win7U64, in place upgrade. Everything is perfect, except that now when I start the computer, its telling me that I have a driver which is being blocked by Win7 because it can damage my computer.

The driver name is Tages Protection.

Win7 tells me the solution is available, an updated Tages driver, but I'd like to know what in the hell it is. I went to their site and its not clear, I know its an anti-copy driver of some kind, but why in the world would I want that?

So, could someone clear this up for me? If it is needed for some reason, let me know and I'll update it, but I'd much rather just get rid of it, but I can't find it, where Win is blocking it, etc.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: One more thing - I checked msconfig, both services and startup programs, and there is no sign of any program/service there that is unwanted by me, and definitely no sign of any Tages thingy. Has it invaded my registry?

Last edited:
Do you have X3 Terran Conflict installed? If not that, any other game or software installed that might use the Tages copyright protection? The latest v5.5 drivers are signed, and work w/ both x86 and x64 versions of Win7.

Do you have X3 Terran Conflict installed? If not that, any other game or software installed that might use the Tages copyright protection? The latest v5.5 drivers are signed, and work w/ both x86 and x64 versions of Win7.

Yeah I just upgraded to a computer running x64 Vista. and reinstalled my copy of Terran Conflict. Now whenever i start up my computer It gives me the above mentioned error message about Tages Protection. Any help? It also won't let me start the game as it says i need to run it as an administrator (which I am doing)

------EDIT-------

Ok solved the problem. Had windows troubleshoot it, direct me to the Tages website and download their latest patch (for me it was the x64) Game now runs and no more errors.

Last edited:
Back