• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Window XP Home Edition SP3 OEM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

Where can i down load a clean version of this.I cant find one any where.I know i saw where you could download iso files off Microsoft somewhere but cant seem to find it now.Anyone know where i can get one.I have my key i just need a the iso.I didnt get a CD with my Toshiba Windows Tablet with Windows XP .It boots to windows then crashes so i need to install windows again

Last edited:
ive never seen any legitimate ways of getting oem isos like that. pretty much you have to contact the maker (toshiba in your case) and see if theyll send you one on the cheap. not sure how common it is but many small stores will sell you a "recovery" type oem sp3 cd for $5 or so.

ive never seen any legitimate ways of getting oem isos like that. pretty much you have to contact the maker (toshiba in your case) and see if theyll send you one on the cheap. not sure how common it is but many small stores will sell you a "recovery" type oem sp3 cd for $5 or so.

Ill have to check that out .Thats just what i need a recovery CD from Toshiba.

ok ill have to try that thanks Pinky

.But i know i saw a website that offered iso' s of all versions of windows .if i find it ill post the link here

.But i know i saw a website that offered iso' s of all versions of windows .if i find it ill post the link here

Microsoft Partners get (paid) access to internal M$ websites that offer volume license ISOs. I doubt Windows XP home is offered through that since it's not a business envinroment OS. Plus you have to qualify just to become a Partner.

Any website offering free ISO downloads of any Microsoft products is doing so illegally, as it's very clearly stated in the terms of use that distributing any Microsoft software in that manner is considered theft. They technically don't even want you to copy the physical discs.

Microsoft Partners get (paid) access to internal M$ websites that offer volume license ISOs. I doubt Windows XP home is offered through that since it's not a business envinroment OS. Plus you have to qualify just to become a Partner.

Any website offering free ISO downloads of any Microsoft products is doing so illegally, as it's very clearly stated in the terms of use that distributing any Microsoft software in that manner is considered theft. They technically don't even want you to copy the physical discs.

Yeah i had heard that.But i thought it was ok to make ISO copies as long as you have a legit key

you may already have a back up on a small partition on the HDD.. try hitting like f10 or f12 when booting up .

May not work for you but for others reading this, locate the official web page for your product, download the manual and see how to access the recovery partition containing the operating system original image.

Connect your USB Flash drive then type this in Windows 7/Vista DOS [Windows XP DOS cannot be used for this]:

• diskpart
• list disk
• select disk #
[of USB Flash drive]
• clean
• create partition primary
• select partition 1
• active
• format fs=NTFS quick
• assign
• exit

Now copy all contents of Windows 7 ISO to the USB Flash drive, then reboot and hold F8 (on most systems) to get a boot selection menu from which you can choose to boot from the newly created USB Flash Drive.

Optionally, delete autorun.inf (because autorun.inf files are now routinely intercepted by antivirus software.)

F12 is the boot device selection menu on many OEMs. F8 is typically avoided since it's the operating system boot options menu. Don't recall which F key toshiba uses.

Back