• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 Crashing on Sleep

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TBsteve

So my old PC was a victim of hurricane Irma...but it had a problem of crashing after going to sleep. Now, on my brand new computer with a fresh install of Windows 10, I am still crashing on sleep. I tried looking at power settings in BIOS and did not see any options that would benefit me with this issue. Hardware is below in my signature. Can anyone help me with this?

Its simple turn it off. My old pc died because of it... idk how and why but it started to act odd and dropped dead

Sleep is often problematic. Seems to usually work okay on many OEM computers that have proprietary power management software but is often problematic otherwise. Frankly, I always disable sleep and hibernation on my own computers and keep any spinner hard drives spinning 24/7. You can establish custom power settings by from Control Panel>Power Options>Change Plan Settings>Change Advanced Power Settings.

Sleep is often problematic. Seems to usually work okay on many OEM computers that have proprietary power management software but is often problematic otherwise. Frankly, I always disable sleep and hibernation on my own computers and keep any spinner hard drives spinning 24/7. You can establish custom power settings by from Control Panel>Power Options>Change Plan Settings>Change Advanced Power Settings.

Appreciate you always helping me! I think consensus tells me to turn sleep off. DONE...:)

I use hibernate on both my desktop and my tablet now using https://sourceforge.net/projects/powerplanswitch/. Not sure what or if it would work in 10. I used ResourceHacker to replace the exe's icon to one of my liking. Set high perf to never go off, essentially, and the power save to enter hibernate after a few minutes. Using the task tray module which can switch between all 3 presets without having to use the control panel applet. Actually gives meaning to the power options instead of just being more settings to mess with. Hibernate saves state to disk and uses 0 energy. Sleep I left enabled on my tablet however but don't really use it much.

Back