• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 for gaming: a worthwhile upgrade over 7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry m8, at the risk of putting your ONE website against the rest of the internet, here is a really interesting wikipedia page :) i admit i can be a really cynical guy sometimes, but in this situation it's a bit hard to be objective without a smile on. It is very hard to believe that people would willingly use Internet Explorer when you have at least 4 other free browsers that do the work much better and faster (not to mention the proper use of addons) like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari (i can think of 3 more).

The people that use Internet Explorer nowadays are the ones that don't need the extra options, aren't allowed to install anything (guest accounts) or in the vast majority simply don't know any better :)

Clipboard01.jpg

Yes IE 11 25.57% VS Chrome 47 15.68% Browser Version Market Share you did not look at the link I posted, it's real time data collected every time you refresh the page at around noon it was 27% just for IE 11. The web page is for Market Share Statistics for Internet Technologies:p. Here is the link again https://www.netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=2&qpcustomd=0

7.29 billon people out there don't live under a rock. LINK http://www.census.gov/popclock/

Sorry m8, at the risk of putting your ONE website against the rest of the internet, here is a really interesting wikipedia page :) i admit i can be a really cynical guy sometimes, but in this situation it's a bit hard to be objective without a smile on. It is very hard to believe that people would willingly use Internet Explorer when you have at least 4 other free browsers that do the work much better and faster (not to mention the proper use of addons) like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari (i can think of 3 more).

The people that use Internet Explorer nowadays are the ones that don't need the extra options, aren't allowed to install anything (guest accounts) or in the vast majority simply don't know any better :)

View attachment 173274
Sorry brow to tell you the news Wikipedia is saying statcounter is misleading it doesn't even show the individual browser statistics for a Windows PC.:)

I looked at all your links over and over, do think the hole world is using Chrome on the PC's out there, no wait a minute looking at the statcounter the Greenland use safari.:)

I don't even trust Wikipedia they don't break down the browsers, QUOTE: Usage share of all browsers for June 2015 vs Usage share of desktop browsers for December 2014

Stick with the website I posted they break the PC web browsers down for you, there is a cost if you want more information, it is a professional website. Here is the phone number Sales: 248-495-5280

Last edited:
Ok, don't trust Wiki, what about all the others ? What about friends and family ? Their friends etc etc. I don't actually know anyone that uses IE or used it and asked straight away "is there others" ? Also don't forget that some downloaders/security suits change your browser header to IE just to be more compatible with some websites.

Again it seems very dodgy that so many people prefer what I consider lower quality software. I mean bad. My opinion though :)

Again it seems very dodgy that so many people prefer what I consider lower quality software. I mean bad. My opinion though :)
All the web browsers run the same on windows it's the OS that handles the browsers. So you are saying windows or Microsoft is lower quality, dodgy, ok I agree. Have you tried Apple, the OS is a dream to surf the net vs micro shaft, I guess it's just the cost.

All the web browsers run the same on windows it's the OS that handles the browsers. So you are saying windows or Microsoft is lower quality, dodgy, ok I agree. Have you tried Apple, the OS is a dream to surf the net vs micro shaft, I guess it's just the cost.

Each browser has its own code and set of security options, so each will run differently. Can i point you to this thread ? it's a small example but check the results and tell me again why would you use IE over any other browser.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-just-trying-to-find-out-where-my-PC-s-scores

Apple is better than Microcrap no argument there, but i would say that in a perfect world we would all most likely be using Linux. Also most people use Windows because it gets shoved in our face on a constant basis that its the best OS in the market. And because we all like our games :p Actually probably MOSTLY because we all like our games...

I haven't had a problem with IE 11 in , ever. It works fine for me. I can't stand Chrome , and Waterfox/Firefox has huge memory leaks. I use Waterfox for some things and IE for some.

No one said anything about problems, simply the other browsers are better/faster/more secure. I have used Firefox and love the addon store, never had any memory leaks. Same for Chrome, apart from minor flash glitches on occasion which also happen with the other brands, no issues. IE is a decent fall-back when all others fail i suppose but i personally would never use it as primary, have had a lot of issues on IE9 and below (and don't like the UI).

At the risk of derailing this thread a little more, still waiting on some remarks about Edge (Spartan ?), does he deserve the mantle of IE successor ?

Back