• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 install hangs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

So I'm trying to install win 10 and once it gets to a bright blue screen that says "Working on updates" it seemingly stops making progress. Been running for almost an hour and it hasn't gone past 0%. Any ideas what could be causing this?

UPDATE: Restarted with the reset button on my case, compute booted up and restored back to Win 7. Upon login the installer gives me an error code (0xC1900101-0x2000c) and says the install failed during the SAFE_OS phase after an APPLY_IMAGE error. Did some digging, tried some of the suggested solutions found on google such as a clean boot, looking at the system.log file and nothing helps. Upon clean boot and deleting a few programs, including my antivirus, I got to a 13% install point after the system restarted upon starting the install within Win 7 which was further than I had gotten so far, but it still froze, had to reset, and got the same error. Any help guys?

UPDATE: Restarted with the reset button on my case, compute booted up and restored back to Win 7. Upon login the installer gives me an error code (0xC1900101-0x2000c) and says the install failed during the SAFE_OS phase after an APPLY_IMAGE error. Did some digging, tried some of the suggested solutions found on google such as a clean boot, looking at the system.log file and nothing helps. Upon clean boot and deleting a few programs, including my antivirus, I got to a 13% install point after the system restarted upon starting the install within Win 7 which was further than I had gotten so far, but it still froze, had to reset, and got the same error. Any help guys?

Have you tried remaking the installer USB ? or making it in a different way? That would be the first thing I would try. Something probably got corrupted during the download or in the making of the usb. if that doenst work then checking system specs for known issues and swapping out parts is the best i can think of

You may have to try a clean install from the Media Creation Tool multiple times. Took me 4-5 times before it worked. Win 10 update 1607 is PITA :mad:

It turns out I had spybot anti beacon installed BEFORE the upgrade to block all the telemetry stuff so that I wouldn't have to remember to install it afterwards. Uninstalling this fixed the issue. Damn, Microsoft is getting smarter! The telemetry blockers break your installation.

Back