• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows 7 64bit ICS won't work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rigit

So I followed all of the instructions and things seem to be as they should be. 1 adapter plugs into router for internet and a wireless card for other computers to connect. Enabled ICS on wired and then the wireless card has a static IP like it's suppose to. But other computers don't see the connection so I can't connect. How do I get this to work? I've got a tablet with pathetic wireless range and I'm trying to extend the reach of the internet. Is the wireless router to blame?:bang head

What wireless card? AFAIK, Windows ICS doesn't know how to set SSID etc. for sharing via wireless. The card should have come with some software for that, if it supports it. Not all cards do.

What wireless card? AFAIK, Windows ICS doesn't know how to set SSID etc. for sharing via wireless. The card should have come with some software for that, if it supports it. Not all cards do.

Thanks I just put the thing in and went with the driver windows installed. Works fine but I'm betting there is some software that goes with it. I'll do some googleing and find out.

I would suggest that you check the specs on the wireless card you installed and see if it's capable of being used as an AP. Most add on wireless cards are set up only to provide a means of WiFi for the desktop installed in.

Back