• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 SP1 Officially Out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yup i havnt had any issues with sp1 in either flavor (fresh install of a sp1 media) or sp1 post install... no issues what so ever on MULTIPLE computers.

When I try to slipstream 64-Bit Windows using RT Seven Lite 2.60, I get this message:

RT Seven Lite Error.jpg

So you can't slipstream a 64-Bit ISO if you are currently running 32-Bit Win7?
Do I need to use different methods.

When I try to slipstream 64-Bit Windows using RT Seven Lite 2.60, I get this message:

View attachment 93809

So you can't slipstream a 64-Bit ISO if you are currently running 32-Bit Win7?
Do I need to use different methods.

nope, you can't slipstream 64 bit on a 32 bit system. the slipstream process has to run the service pack file i believe and it can't be done since it is made to be ran on a 64 bit system.

Thanks, is the same true for vice versa? You can't slipstream 32-Bit if you are running 64-Bit Windows at the time?

I am assuming no workaround?

Thanks, is the same true for vice versa? You can't slipstream 32-Bit if you are running 64-Bit Windows at the time?

I am assuming no workaround?

you can slipstream 32 bit on 64 bit since 32 but code executes just fine on 64 bit systems. I am not aware of a way to workaround 64 bit slipstreaming on a 32 bit os

id just like to note that the latest beta 2.6.0 of RT7Lite works just fine with a direct from microsoft win 7 32 sp1 iso.

managed to strip down the install for my mini 9 (only have an 8gb ssd to play with) down to 3.02GB usage upon initial boot w/ drivers and all base updates. This is including stuff like internet explorer, areo etc etc. Its quite surprising how big the install of win 7 is cus of all the extra stuff like language packs, extra drivers and stuff like media center.

SP1 has:

Screwed up 3 workstations (out of 35), failing on update 208 of **** causing me to do an entire reinstall

Dropped 4 computers from our domain, saying the trust relationship cant be found.

update failing is apparently caused by MSE running... good job MS, too bad we don't run MSE.

Back