• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 update problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stargate476

Registered
Ok so been having issues trying to update windows 7, recently had to reinstall it. It came with sp1 on the disk but to do further updates, it wont let me. When i check for updates, it just says checking for updates forever, never finds anything. I tried downlading the .msu packages from microsofts website to try that way, but when i open them they just say searching for updates for this computer.. I am not quite sure what to do in this aspect, id perfer not to reinstall windows 7 again because frankly, this is a fresh install, no reason i should have this issue.

Anyone got any ideas or thoughts? Also this windows is activated for windows 10 upgrade but i recently had to downgrade because windows 10 would go black seconds after laoding and id have to restart, does not happen with windows 7 so i just reverted(this was probably a driver issue but windows 10 never stayed up long enough to actually fix it and safe mode was of little use lol)

You should check out this thread.

c2 and trents put together a great guide for by passing these issues. We spent months and hundreds of posts troubleshooting broken Windows Updaters between July and October.

With a slipstreamed image you will never have to deal with a broken updater and 90-95% of the updates will already be installed on first boot.

Hope this helps you out in the future!

You should check out this thread.

c2 and trents put together a great guide for by passing these issues. We spent months and hundreds of posts troubleshooting broken Windows Updaters between July and October.

With a slipstreamed image you will never have to deal with a broken updater and 90-95% of the updates will already be installed on first boot.

Hope this helps you out in the future!

I think you meant c6 inststead of c2.

Back