• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 wont Download .exe off the net HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ultraspeed

Registered
Okay guys i have window 7 64bit and im trying to download a few things all of a sudden i can not run .exe files or even save them from the net. So when i goto download realtemp or any other type .exe it just ask to SAVE file no option for RUN so i click Save file and yeah wont save it does nothing. i tried google this problem no solutions other then then going to REGEDIT and changing the .exe and .exefile to "%1"%* actually the .exe is change to exe file and exefile to the above then the shell as well.

Any infor on getting my computer back to doing downloads? i would just wipe windows off and reinstall but i have OEM builder windows 7 so if i uninstall and reinstall i think window will not work since i already used the product key.

HELP HELP! :confused:

That is a Firefox window, not Windows itself. If you click on the download window, does the button become enabled?

If I click that window it will only allow me to save but does not save it just goes away

i just uninstalled fire fox and now IE9 does not have the same issue no more thats just strange. Any idea why firefox would cause that issue?

Back