• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 8 dpc_watchdog_violation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

defiant79

Ok, anyone good with reading these? Not sure what I'm getting with the random blue screen. I've seen it while playing a game (GTA4) and just sitting at the desktop. I'm running an overclock at 4.2GHZ on the 3770k. I've adjusted voltages and seem stable in prime for over 4 hours. Memory tests come back good as well as hard drive checks.

Windows 8 is about a week old since I installed it fresh. Only time I've actually done something was it blue screened once when I disconnected my phone from the USB cable, hasn't do it since.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4yy0yqg4pnma48/060913-12515-01.dmp

I was using a much more convoluted method to get the info. Good little utility. Hopefully it helps the OP.

Thanks for the reply, I was actually playing with that last night. Looks to be a USB issue with my motherboard. Guess I need to wait for AsRock to come out with a better Windows 8 driver.

Back