• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Index?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kiru

I usually do not base anything from the Windows Index but I recently purchased the Asus Zenbook UX32VD. I replaced the stock HDD with a Crucial M4 128GB SSD and also added in a 8GB G.Skill RAM opposed to the 2GB that was in there.

Specs:
Intel i7 3517U @ 1.9ghz
nVIDIA GeForce GT 620M
8GB DDR3 G.Skill RAM
Crucial M4 128GB SSD

Now before any swapping of factory the Graphics - Desktop performance for Windows Aero was around 6.3, equal to Gaming Graphics.

After the upgrades, Memory (RAM) and Primary hard disk numbers improved but Graphics degraded while Gaming graphics stayed the same.

WindowsIndex2.png

Any ideas why that happened? o_O

The numbers are useless because Microsoft doesn't explain how the tests work and multiple runs aren't consistent. If results aren't consistent, you can't compare them. So, there isn't an answer other than "no one knows".

The numbers are useless because Microsoft doesn't explain how the tests work and multiple runs aren't consistent. If results aren't consistent, you can't compare them. So, there isn't an answer other than "no one knows".

Yea, that unfortunately makes sense xD... I guess I was just bothered by how stupid these numbers came out usually the numbers don't degrade after putting in better hardware lolz...

Back