• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Photo Viewer beige?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I got what i class as a very annoying issue. Windows Photo Viewer is beige?

why.png

This and a few others things i couldnt figure was annoying me, so i formatted my pc and did a clean install.

I made sure that after the reinstall, windows photo viewer was still white.

All of a sudden it turns beige again?! Can anyone explain this?

Open Color Management | Select your display device | Check the box “Use my setting for this device” | Click Add | Choose “sRGB IEC61966-2.1” | Set it as default.

You changed the color profile, then rebooted? Are there any other ICC or WCS color profiles associated with the display? If your system doesn’t have the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile under the ICC Profiles, you can download the color profile from Adobe. Unpack the zip file, then right click on each of the *.icc files in the RGB Profiles and CMYK Profiles folders (or just the one you need to use)--> “Install Profile” to install the color profile to the system.

ICC profile downloads for Windows
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4075

* Right click on Desktop > Personalize > Display (lower left) > Personalization > Windows Color > Advanced appearance settings… >

Under Item: Select Window

Back