• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Windows shuts down but pc remains on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks RGone, I fiddled with a few things and I'll see if the problem arises again. If so I'll try flashing 1102, I use the usb stick method as well. See great minds think alike :p. I also have read that post which made me think about flashing I'll see how it goes. Thanks

Good deal man...

...hope you got the gremlins kicked out for good. I was just before saying I would try 240 FSB and above for the heck of it, but you seem to indicate you have returned to normalcy. Great.
RGone...

Thanks RGone, I fiddled with a few things and I'll see if the problem arises again. If so I'll try flashing 1102, I use the usb stick method as well. See great minds think alike :p. I also have read that post which made me think about flashing I'll see how it goes. Thanks

And BIOS is installed, was testing 4.7 multi only, went to restart and it hung up :(. So well see how it goes from here. If I continue to have an issue I'm going to run Ubuntu from another hd and see if it persists.

Thanks to Caddi daddi, this issue has been resolved. Uninstalled AI Suite II and cleaned all of it's remains out of the registry and viola no more issues. Thanks again all and especially Caddi.

I actually did a web search about it after you told me and I came up with nothing on it. :(

Some of this stuff is hard to find. Buried insside long long threads of many pages. I found this while looking for something else for C_D.

I got the idea about Ai Suite for C_D from posts like this:

A poster:
So this morning I woke up and noticed I had a warning from AI Suite saying my +12V rail was measured as ~24 volts. I checked the log and it said yesterday the measurement hit a little over 24 volts and then went back to 12 volts (within the same minute, timestamp didn't go down to seconds in the gui).

I also noticed the 5V rail went to 0 volts then back to 5 volts (within the same minute).

Also, the motherboard temperature sensor was reading -60C... Not sure what that is all about.

Any thoughts on this? My power supply isn't that old, and is a decent corsair 650W.

Another poster:
I was getting a lot of false alarms regarding my case fans with the AI Suite. The way my case is, I can easily see the fans at any time. As soon as I would receive an error stating a fan was at 0 RPM I would look at it and clearly see it was operating fine.

These false alarms are one of the main reasons I suspected the AI Suite to be the shutdown culprit.
RGone...

All of these software overclocking programmes are great for a hour or two of pushing to the max, but after that they just become a pita and cause no end of problems, I had a problem with ai suite also but it was more if a glitch I think, as it would work fine one day then the next day it would not adjust fsb, only multi was adjustable, and the next day it was the other way round, frustrating to say the least, but these things are sent to test us, I just don't like being tested and end up doing a full fresh install of everything gggggrrrr "Damn you Asus" :mad:

I should have considered this from the get go. I was having a lot of the same issues as you state in post #28 also Rgone. All kinds of goofy voltage error messages, I had one that said my DRAM V was 12.1, little did Ai Suite know I was trying to overclock the ram to 15000 mhz :D.

Back