• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows update 1093 broke my sound blaster z

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chum

I tried installing the latest drivers but still have problem where I cannot select the encoder in the sound blaster control panel. Any help appreciated. :mad:

more details...in SB control panel under "Cinematic" It will not let me select Dolby or DTS. Get error message that states I must stop playback before doing this but nothing is playing

Last edited:
I used system restore and fixed it. Guess I need to wait for this issue to be resolved before I let M soft update my system...Microsoft always breaks something! Also, i made a mistake in the title of the thread...it should be Windows update 1903 NOT 1093.

Audio has always been a very low level event in the OS. Even more so in 7 and worse yet apparently in 10. This is why I always keep a copy of any setup files. You are always and forever needing them. Too bad windows update isn't more like a regular linux repo.

Back