• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Windows update can't install ATK0110 ACPI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madman7

I can't get windows update to install ATK system-ATK0010 ACPI utility. It says it fails every time. I went and installed the ATK0110 for my board from Asus but update says it still can't install it. Any ideas? This is Win 7 Professional.

Last edited:
No idea what is up with Windows Update. However if you are not using the Asus AI Suite, you do n0t need the driver at all.

I see that the device is listed in device manager. The driver from Asus and the driver for the device are the same version. It doesn't make sense. Could I remove it from deice manager?

I see that the device is listed in device manager. The driver from Asus and the driver for the device are the same version. It doesn't make sense. Could I remove it from deice manager?

In how many forum sections did you post this same question? One section only is usually recommended.

Uninstall the device from device manager 'if' it will. If the driver direct from Asus works fine, which apparently you don't need except for AI Suite, then you really are messing with nothing anyway unless you use AI Suite. IF it were me and I knew now what the driver was, I would just tell Win Update to leave me the heck alone about 'that' driver and move on about other business.

There are items in Win Update that I am 'never' going to install. I told Win Update to leave me the heck alone about those updates and moved on.

Posted in only this one and the MOS section. I removed it and on reboot windows installed the driver. The windows version was older than the Asus version. I then installed the Asus version. Funny thing is the date for the update version is 6/2/2012. I looked on the Asus site and couldn't find a newer version. I made update ignore it. Maybe a glich in Win update. Similar to the Windows for live games update awhile back that came up. Just checked and the update is gone. Maybe M$ had a problem.

Back