• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows update service missing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reliv3

So I just got this new ASrock extreme4 from Microcenter and everything is working perfectly other than that windows update is not working. It claims that the service is missing even though the windows update service and the BIT service are both in fact present and running... Here's where it gets weird. I install windows 7 ultimate 64bit, update works perfectly. Its only when I start installing MB drivers that it starts screwing up. As a result, I decided to update first then run the drivers. So after updating windows, I began adding each driver one by one to see which one is the problem. Turns out that the culprit is my intel rapid storage technology driver. After I installed it, poof windows update service is now "missing". Can anyone shed light on this situation?

What is claiming that service is missing? Windows itself? If so, what is the exact error message you are getting? Screenshots are a plus.

Back