• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP now logs me off in <1 minute

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neural Net

Fixed: Windows XP now logs me off in <1 minute

Hi guys,

I recently installed AusLogics boost speed, did a series of optimisations, turned a few things off, everything has been fine. I did a defragmentation as well, and reinstalled MS framework 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 (had an issue with an application). All these changes saw no adverse affect on my machine.

Since today/yesterday XP (Pro SP2) installed some software updates, now it logs me off (fast user switch) from every 30 seconds to a minute of non activity, ie. input, which is pretty frustrating. I have checked the power options and they are fine. :bang head

Can somebody help?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Can you list the few things you turned off?.. More then likely you turned off something that was needed, iv done it a couple of times.

SeasonalEclipse said:
Can you list the few things you turned off?.. More then likely you turned off something that was needed, iv done it a couple of times.

Here goes:

Error reporting service
Clipbook
Performance Logs and Alerts
Help and Support
Print Spooler
Remote Desktop Help Session Manager
Routing and Remote Access

Could the service Secondary Login be related to the problem? Don't think I turned that off though.

Update:

Problem solved, seemed to be a conflict with Framework 3.0, which created another account name ASP.net. Deleting that account and uninstalling 3.0 has ended the problem.

Mods pleae feel free to close this thread. :)

Back