• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows xp on 2 computers??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
**Edit - Again w/ the piracy thing. That's twice in the same thread! Am I going to have to go back over your posting history to make sure you haven't continually violated the rules?! I hope not. Consider this your only warning. -- Oni :sn:**

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not about what you can justify or can't justify, or "what works for you". It's about what the law is, period, which you have no control over.

I can also tell you that there "easier" methods to install windows xp on multiple computers opposed to having a campus license. Both are definitely illegal. I can't stop you, I'm not even trying to stop you, just saying that although you may have power to break the law, you don't have the power to write it.

I've had to edit two posts in this thread due to warez. Please don't make me have to edit more.

The 'No Piracy' rule we have here is in place for a reason; to protect the forum. To the ones who've given warnings, kudos to you. :)

ok, I won't speak of it anymore, just saying, you should be allowed to have more than one install per key. I've never seen the screen that asks you to register windows (I've seen the register to microsoft screen), it may be because it's an older version, it may be because it's a campus (administrator, not student) version. Either way, it hasn't given me a problem.

The lisense agreements are clear. If your friend has 2 computers he/she must also purchase 2 copies of Windows. I think this is very clear. Your question is answered. I would consider this problem solved and would suggest to your friend go out and purchase a copy proper. These forums are not here for piracy. . . of ANY kind. Good day and Welcome to the Forums.

Z

EDIT: YOU can and will be BANNED if you violate Forums Rules. Please take good NOTE of Oni's edits. Most are patient here but blatant abuses are not tolerated.

Back