• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Xp to 11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ptm

Registered
I have, somewhere in a safe place lol, 2 brand new never opened Windows XP retail discs.
am I able to somehow use one of those to install Windows 11 on the new machine, yet to be built?

if so, how do I do this?

Old keys for new OS installs only go back to Win7 as far as I know. An activated WinXP key doesn't qualify for OS upgrades. Win7, 8, & 8.1 keys qualify.

I agree with E-Dawg, I've bought & used several Win10 Pro keys from URCDkeys. They were all under $20 and installed/activated without issue. It seems the Win11 Pro keys are just under $30.

I used win7 key for a win 10 update and everything went well. I just bought a new win11 for this new rig. It can't hurt to try winXP key and see it it'll work

You can upgrade from Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 to Windows 10 for free. Once you do that you can do a free upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. Note this assumes the original 7, 8, or 8.1 were activated with a valid product key.

However, this also assumes the computer is not too old and has drivers that work with Windows 10 and 11.

There is absolutely no way Windows XP will work to upgrade to Windows 11. If you try you are just wasting your time.

thanks for the replies everyone… off topic - but how do I mark this post as Solved? Lol

Back