• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windoze XP 32-bit: won't throttle down my SB-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

When I had my q9550, XP 32-bit would throttle down my q9550 to the lowest multiplier without any user intervention required. With my SB-E, the CPU is always locked at the highest multiplier. Is there anyway to get my SB-E to throttle down from within XP?

I only use XP for older games -- particularly ones that use EAX.

What are the power-saving options set to in the UEFI, including the power options from within the GUI?

Thanks Redduc900,

In CPU Power Management Configuration:

I have enabled Speedstep, Thermal Throttling, Enhanced Halt State (C1E).
CPU C3 State Support, CPU C6 State Support and Package C-state Support
are all disabled.

In Windoze 7 64-bit I can switch power profiles and the CPU will change speeds.

Use correct spelling for Windows instead of Windoze so that Search Engines can pickup your problem and help others resolve the same problem after search hits pull up your thread in the future. ;)

Thanks Redduc900,

In CPU Power Management Configuration:

CPU C3 State Support, CPU C6 State Support and Package C-state Support
are all disabled.

Turn on C3 and C6 support and C-state support.

C3 and C6 are sleep modes I do believe.... But may be required to run C-state support properly.

Some C-states rely on software. Some are HW driven.

Would the Asrock Extreme Tuner utility lock my CPU at a given multiplier and vcore? Because I am running that -- really only to get the Asrock FastRAM option (a RAM disk).

Check the software to see if there are power savings options enabled/disabled. It has been a while since I have used it so I do not recall to spoon feed the answer. :)

Back