• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wired or wireless ..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metallica

So I'm currently using a wirless N USB adapter (rosewill brand, some high gain antenna model) .. and it works great. I currently have a wireless N router about 20 feet from my computer, in a network closet in my laundry room.

The house is pre wired with cat6, and my room has a hook up in it, but on the other side of the room.

Convince me to buy a 15ft cable and run it to my computer from the outlet over using the wireless USB adapter.

I do medium gaming, and a lot of downloading .. not much networking type stuff. My internet connection is something like 17mbit.

Hardwired > wireless any day. Shouldnt need convincing.

I thought that too, but after using this adapter for a week or so with this new network, I can't imagine anything being any faster .. I'm thinking response times may be a little snappier .. but other than that, I haven't been able to notice any downsides.

Maybe I've been on wireless for so long I just don't remember how awesome wired was .. (been 4 years) haha.

Back