• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless AccessPoint

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GreenJelly

I have a new machine with an Asus Mobo that has a wireless network card. I was wondering if there was a way I could use that machine to boost the current INTERNET connection to my networks, or too use setup two separate connections that would work together to provide even faster speed.

You could use software like Connectify to extend your wireless network by setting your computer up as a wireless access point. Other than that, there's really no way to make your computers connection faster by bridging the wireless adapter with the wired adapter, nor increase the signal strength of your wireless router.

I believe the software for your wifi device should allow you to create a wireless access point with it, but when i used it a few years ago, it was a little buggy.

Back