• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless Mouse - Any way too..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkippyCheval

Wireless Mouse - Any way to..

Well I have this great Wireless mouse
pd88Op.jpg

But it has this Annoying power management thing.

If the mouse is idle for ~5-7 seconds :bang head (In FPS games = death) , it stops working until I Press a mouse button or use the mouse wheel. Now I would like to either make it so it reactivates itself by just moving the mouse or get rid of that power management 'feature'

Best I've done is having the reflex to use mouse wheel when I know I was idle for 5 seconds. But that basically scraps two keys seeing as you can usually bind things to mouse wheel Up and mousewheel Down :S

Any ideas? Not sure if its possible (Well of course it is but.. bah you get the point right?)

Behh! Hope you can help me :)

Last edited:
I would think there is an option in the mouse settings to turn off the power saving feature.

amanojyaku said:
get a new mouse with a name brand. what brand is that? I have a mx700 and i never have any problems like that.
Hmm that mouse looks like a logitech

It would depend what is causing the mouse to do that, is it hardware or software? Does the mouse require any weird driver software to run?

looks cool - in fact that's the best looking unmodded wireless i think i've seen...

could you give us some more info on it?

... if you've got the reflex developed, then what's the problem :p?

Thats a Micro Innovations mouse. (The pic answers all!)

I downloaded the drivers and theres no power management options. Only mouse button options.

Lets give an example.

America's Army (FPS)​
I hear footsteps
I go behind a crate and crouch
The person sees me
The person goes behind me and starts shooting me

Well I get very surprised, so I have the reflex to do a 180 with the mouse but since I have that stupid mouse it just gets stuck and I have no hope of winning. Sure I could of kept moving the mouse a bit to keep it activated but thats not something I should be thinking about.

And as I said, it puts two easily accessible keys to waste.

Back