• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mouse advice questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeatM1ser2k4

About 6 months ago I purchased a Razer Viper Ultimate wireless mouse. I did a lot of research, and it seemed like every website that reviewed mice rated it highly, if not made it their editors choice. I hate it. Every time I try to use the mouse after it went into sleep mode to conserve battery, it takes a good 2-3 seconds for the mouse to wake up and react. The mouse pointer will also randomly disappear, and I have to move the mouse all over the screen until the pointer becomes visible again(usually about the same 2-3 seconds).These things happen all day, every day. The mouse is feather-light, which leads me to my problem: I purchased a Logitech MX Master 2S wireless mouse to replace the Razer mouse, and it feels like I'm moving a boulder around the mouse pad. Returned that mouse and bought a Logitech G604 wireless mouse hoping it would feel lighter than the MX Master 2s did. Its lighter, but still feels like a small boulder in my hands. The mouse I like, the Logitech G700s, must be out of production because everywhere that its being sold is selling it for $300+!!! So, based on your own personal experience with various weireless mice, which ones would you recommend? The shape is just as important as the weight of the mouse to me. Here's a pic of the G700s to give an idea of the shape. I prefer claw-grip mice.

EDIT: I found another thread regarding good replacement mice for the g700s, but that quickly turned into a thread on repairing the mouse. I did get a couple of good mice from that thread, the G900/903 and the Asus Gladius II.....any other mcie that you'd recommend?
g700s.jpg

Last edited:
I got my G903 mouse tonight. It is reasonably nice. Not very heavy. Even when adding the 10g that comes with it as an option. It says it needs to be 20 cm from the receiver. I got it to work much further way than that, but that might be to make sure to minimize any potential signal drop outs.

Edit: Just compared the weight to my G700. With the extra 10g in the G903, it is still about 1/3rd lighter than the G700

Back