• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless network HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

newhouse_00

Registered
i am attempting to set up a wireless network arround my property
i have a wired network in my house and another wired network in another building about 750 feet away. High speed internet is not availabe in my area yet but when it does i would like to be able to share one connection. Also i want to share files and printers between my 2 loactions wireless

i went to a computer store and the guy set me up with 2 INEXQ 802.11.G Wireless routers he assured me they would be able to work togeather and give me what i am looking for but i cant figure it out.
The wired networks are working fine through the router @ 100Mbps

can anybody tell me if the parts i bought will work and a few tips on what i need to do

Thanks
NEWHOUSE_00

i think you would only need one wireless router and then you would need a wireless ethernet card. it will then get more complicated to setup up but you will have to start there..

if i may ask how many computers total ??

im sure there are a few different ways to do this but ...

750 feet seems mighty far to go from inside a house and then into a building and still have good connection.. i will read up some more about the new G series from linksys...

if it is ok i think you only need one of those new routers and a new nic card (wireless G of course)

the absolute easiest way would to be to sell your router that you have in your building along with all them nic cards .. then buy some new wireless nics cards and not hardly at all to get it all to work.. your gonna have a heck of a time getiing you mian computer at yor house to go through wireless and also be hardwired.. then to top it off have your wireless connection abled and hardwired to all the others and get every one to communicate..

the least amount of routers and hardware the better for you and your network.. its a big pain as is ..

you can have as many routers as you want im sure but the support that goes into getting it all running is a pain.. well for me it is ..

Back