• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wolfdale 45nm compatible with Abit Ab9 Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
get a new board to get the most out of that cpu m8

Have you run your CPU benchmarks at different speeds to see if there is a viable increase in actual performance? Another thing to consider is above 1.4 CPU core voltage you may damage the CPU due to migration. Well I think thats what they call it. Bottom line is for $200 US if it only lasts a year who cares anyway? By then there will be something faster and better we will all be drooling over to buy anyways...I thought I read somewhere that 1.35V was a safe voltage to run. But what do I know Im happy right now with 3.6 and my gaming performance is way better than before. Video encoding has improved too. Yet Im still leaning toward going with the Q6600. I would buy a new board but I need a cylinder head for my Mercedes and thats a higher priority for me now. Otherwise Im stuck driving my work van everywhere.
Thats life work, stuff to buy and cold beer...:beer: Oh yes the mad scientist feeling you get when your building your PC and doing all your overclocking stuff...nothing else like it... :)

Last edited:
My Final Decision

Well after running the E8400 @ 3.6 stable and reading other threads on what I could get running a Q6600. I decides to keep this one (the E8400).
The reason being is on this mainboard I can only expect to get the Q6600 up to about 3 gig stable. I like the lightning fast snap of 3.6 im getting right now. And my time to ruturn the CPU I bought at Fry's has run out. I was also concerned that the Q6600 would be a little hard on the MCH...well my 2 cents.

the quad wont clock well on p965, because there is no cpuvtt or cpugtl % adjustments.

After going though some problems. I found out I had a bad PSU I replaced it and also replaced the CPU with another of the same, I bought some Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 C5 memory and it rocks Im running @ 4gig stable. Im running my old Corsair HydroCool200 water cooling system and Ive got the voltages cranked up. Im not gonna worry about long life, if it craps out on me then Ill buy a new mobo. But for now its rockin and gaming real nice! So now I will update my sig.

My system is still working well. Says a lot for water cooling. Im now finally considering an upgrade and wondering if a Q9400 cpu will work on this board?

Hi
I tried to run an e8400 on the AB9 pro board after first flashing BIOS to beta 23. The system says i have BIOS version i965-W627EHG-6A79LA1AC-23 installed. Everything is running fine with an e6300 but when i installed the e8400 E0 (i cleared CMOS etc.) i can't boot into the BIOS settings, the system loops and the post error is 8.7(check CPU core voltage). Any idea what the problem is?

Back