• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wont Wake Up ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snakeiz2

Registered
Hi recently i have updated the Bios and everything is working fine except as i let my PC sit for some time ill find my screen black as i shake the mouse to wake it up the User screen will apear as i select it, it will just go black and wont load to desktop i could hear that it has not fully woke up due to CPU fan not at normal speed to low, i would have to reset the PC. What in the Bios i should i be looking at or is it with-in the OS Power Management. Thanks

Check your wake up/power settings in Control panel and in bios. Make sure the item dealing with hard disk hibernation is not checked on. I've always had problems with that. All you want is the monitor to power down after X number of minutes, not the hard drive or CPU. I'm sorry if that approach ain't green enough for some folks. Computers ought to work right, that's all.

3rd person with a propus x4 on the 785g chipset in this thread :D and +1 on what trents said, check all the eco settings to make sure the hard drive hasn't gone to hibernation/sleep and stuff < professional vocab there

Okay so in the Bios i found somethng called S1 and S3 under S3 there are selections of wake on mouse click or shake or disable, keyboard any key wake enable or disable, Wake on any usb enable or disable I enabled the keyboard and the mouse will see if it works also in the control panel power options in the advance settings i selected wake with-out log in and enabled C1E. Ill see if any of these combos worked.

Disable C1E. That's a green "power down" setting for your cpu.

Back