• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woot.com billing "issue."

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skou

I ordered a waterproof cordless phone, earlier this week. Today I see a debit on my checking account, from Synapse Micro, for the amount of the phone. Sooo, I get on woot's Forum, and ask. Yes, Synapse is doing the billing on this, and probably on other things. It seems that Woot is a part of Synapse, or at least affilliated with them.

No real problem, but it did concern me, until I saw that Synapse is in the same town as Woot (Carrollton Tx.)

If you see it, you'll know why.

steve

I got a response, from Galloping Cow, concerning this issue, and here it is. G. Cow is a Woot employee, and is also on their Forum a fair amount of time.

-------------------------------------

skou wrote:
Is Synapse Micro affilliated with Woot? I just got an unexpected charge, of $29.99 from them, at the same time I should have gotten a charge from Woot, for the same amount, for this phone.

Is this coming from here, or do I have someone jacking with my credit card?

steve

----------------
(G. Cow. (I'm inserting this in. steve))

yeah, i'm not sure why some of these are getting charged like that. nothing to worry about.

------------------

THANKS!!

I was getting worried, until I did some research, and found out that you are right next door.

See ya sunday night!

---------------------------------------

steve

Back